Name: Frances Pipe & Jennifer Herrera, owners
• No plastic drinks bottles
• Bamboo takeaway cutlery
• Re-use tubs to cut cling film
• Recycle as much as possible
• Food waste goes to Street Food Project
• Use local suppliers to reduce plastic and food miles
• Put pressure on suppliers to do more.
• Looking for a better coffee cup alternative and promoting refill instead
• Continue pressuring suppliers
• Continue to look for an alternative to cling film
“It’s mostly for the environmental impact and it’s our ethos as chefs to be responsible. We use organic local produce; it’s very important to be plastic free as part of that and also to spread the word.
“When you work in commercial kitchens you get to see how much waste there is, and it’s crazy. Even a small café like this can generate so much waste. So when you know about it you want to do something.”